Explore the reasons behind this newly found love for Digital Gold in India and why it's better than Physical Gold.
We all are well aware of the fact that Gold is one of the world's oldest and most well-known trading assets. But ever wondered why it's so hyped up, especially in India?
For years, people have purchased Gold in the form of physical Gold bars and Gold coins as an investment in our country.
After-all, it's the most trusted investment instrument - for a good reason.
Reliable and handy investment, Gold's value has skyrocketed in recent years, making it a more profitable option to keep and multiply.
The problem with Physical Gold
There are many issues with investing in Physical Gold. Not only is storing Gold a time-consuming and physically demanding task, but transferring Gold from one location to another also poses difficulties.
This year alone has highlighted the flaws in physical procedures involved with Gold investing. During the COVID-19 crisis, distribution channel failures occurred.
It increased speculation due to political uncertainty and developments in vaccinations - leading to extreme volatility.
When physical transport of literally tons of metal is necessary, it is not easy to respond fast to major price fluctuations.
With so many external forces influencing the commodities market, investors are looking for a better, more economical approach to keep investing in Gold - because they love it nevertheless.
Hence, the post pandemic situation soared the number of Digital Gold investments. People are choosing the smarter option and investing in Digital Gold now.
What is Digital Gold?
Digital Gold is simply an alternative to physical Gold. It is free from exchange rate manipulations and variations and allows the investor to easily trade throughout the world - without actually touching physical Gold.
It is a safe, convenient and cost-effective way of purchasing and investing in Gold online. Hassle free - doesn't even require any additional storage and transportation costs.
Digital Gold merchants have reported an increase in demand during a time of travel restrictions and shuttered jewellery stores. The demand for Digital Gold increased by 40-50% as a result of the viral outbreak.
But why so much euphoria around it suddenly? Well, because its lucrative features make it possible for everyone to invest in Gold.
1. Size of Investment : Investing in digital Gold is very affordable and can be bought and sold from as low as ₹1.
2. Storage and Safety : There's no storage or safety issue in digital Gold. Every gram of Gold accumulated in your account is backed by real physical Gold with your name in a safe vault by the seller. This means that you are at no risk at any time.
3. High Liquidity : Gold is the most liquid commodity. Digital Gold can be bought and sold anywhere and anytime. You don't need to visit a dealer or keep a secure gold purchase account for many years to get the full resale value of the gold in the future.
4. Trading: Digital Gold, again, can be bought and sold online anytime, anywhere, in just a few simple steps. Money is directly transferred to your bank account or registered wallet.
5. Pure Gold and No Additional Costs: In Digital Gold, you only trade in pure Gold, i.e. 24 karat Gold. The total amount you spend is invested in Gold only. You only have to pay 3% GST at the time of making a purchase.
6. Safety: For every gram of Gold you buy, there is actual 24k Gold stored in a locker in your name by one of the three Gold banks in India - Augmont | MMTC - PAMP | SafeGold. This means that you are at no risk at any time.
Check out this in-depth comparison between Physical Gold and Digital Gold.
Also, it is not like people will switch back to buying Physical Gold once the situation gets back to normal. This is seen as a long-term trend by industry experts.
Over the last few years, customers have been progressively going for Digital Gold due to the convenience of access, cost and security, which is underlined by the growing trust in digital payment platforms. You can easily buy 24K Gold with a single click.
You even have the option to automate your investment, if you don't want to go through the hassle of opening the apps and investing money every time - On the Jar app.
Jar app automatically invests your saved change from online transactions into Digital Gold, helping you accumulate Digital Gold for a secure future. You can set an amount to be deducted from your account and invest everyday.